STEM kit support materials
The MaxIQ STEM Starter Kits have been developed to support the Sustainable Development Goals, so you may find them referred to as SDG kits. The kit has the same components and CPU that will be used on the flight hardware, and all the components can be reused in future projects.
We've developed a Canvas course that covers all the topics below and more, with videos, lesson plans, assignments, and experiments. Once teachers have the kits on hand, we share the course materials so that they can either be used directly or imported into another learning management system. This course is free to all teachers, globally, in English.
We continuously develop support materials, videos and experiments, and these are updated on this page. Each topic relates to at least one sustainable development goal as well as to how we apply this knowledge in space.
MaxIQ Space runs a learning management system, Canvas, giving access to teacher guides, videos, experiments, presentations and assignments. For access to Canvas please mail judi at maxiq.space. The topics covered are listed below, with examples for the first two topics:
- Properties of natural light - example video tutorial and experiment, links to SDG 7 Affordable and Clean Energy
- Comfort levels and heat index - example video tutorial and experiment, links to SDG 3 Good Health and Wellbeing
- IoT and remote sensing - links to SDG 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Data analysis and the scientific method - links to SDG 4 Quality Education
- Electrical power, circuits and physical computing - links to SDG 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Connectivity, communication, nature of waves - links to SDG 4 Quality Education
- Our Earth in context of our solar system - solar eclipse - experiment using a data set collected during a total eclipse, links to SDG 15 Life on Land
- Understanding our atmosphere, climate and weather - links to SDG 13 Climate Action and SDG 15 Life on Land
- Data science and coding your kit - links to SDG 4 Quality Education
Back to Space STEM programs.
Changing the world isn't easy, and we couldn't do it alone.
A core value of MaxIQ is to be able to provide our educational resources to students around the globe, especially those who live in areas where there is a lack of educational infrastructure to support these young minds in achieving their full potential. MaxIQ wouldn't be able to fulfill our mission without support from...