Intelsat Gives Back - Space STEM in Africa
Intelsat in partnership with MaxIQ Space is delivering their Space STEM programme to teenagers across the African continent.
Announced during World Space Week, this intensive programme is mission one of a three mission space programme that culminates in students designing, building and launching experiments into space!
MaxIQ Space selects thirty participants from the hundreds of applications received. These participants all receive an Intelsat MaxIQ kit at their home, and join live virtual workshops on Saturdays. By learning, linking Space, STEM and Sustainability, the youngsters perform experiments and complete assignments, culminating in payload and satellite concept design.
- Space STEM workshops run from 4th March 2023 until end May 2023 (Saturdays over Zoom)
- Group presentations - 22nd June 2023
- Awards Event - 13th or 20th July 2023
- MaxIQ Kit - If you have received your kit, you'll find all the information you need at this link.
- Canvas - You will receive an email invitation to Canvas, please create yourself an account and accept this course invitation. The whole program is delivered using Canvas, please make sure you have this ready for the first session.
- Zoom - All workshops will be on Saturdays from 11am to 1pm (Central African Time), held using Zoom. Please make sure you have access to Zoom and a web connection so that you can participate.
Welcome on board!
Changing the world isn't easy, and we couldn't do it alone.
A core value of MaxIQ is to be able to provide our educational resources to students around the globe, especially those who live in areas where there is a lack of educational infrastructure to support these young minds in achieving their full potential. MaxIQ wouldn't be able to fulfill our mission without support from...