MaxIQ Space has been established to serve the broader space industry in delivering educational and skills development programs.
The primary goal of the MaxIQ team is to inspire future space industry professionals through the practical and impactful delivery of Space STEM programs. All engagements support and promote a digital future, mapped to the identified requirements for the 4th Industrial Revolution. Practically, this requires the use of digital, modular electronics, ensuring that no formal facilities are required….build your CubeSat at home!
The MaxIQ Space founders bring extensive experience in Space STEM education experience, from junior-high to PhD, multiple engineering industries as well as space industry corporate governance.
The partnership with bluShift Aerospace enables MaxIQ Space to secure student payloads on a regular and reliable basis, achieving the goal of delivering a full satellite systems engineering project from idea to launch within one academic year.
The MaxIQ team has been implementing school and university programmes since 2016, and MaxIQ has expanded delivery globally:
- CubeSat Developers Workshops CalPoly – practical workshops for educators since 2018
- Old Dominion University SmallSat Systems Engineering postgraduate course since 2018
- Princeton Mechanical Engineering undergraduate satellite development course since 2018
- Georgia Tech postgraduate course (GTRI) since 2019
- NASA Ames and Stanford University undergraduate systems engineering since 2020
- University Southern Maine aerospace engineering undergraduate courses since 2020
- 2016 – World Economic Forum for Africa, programme having the most impact on youth education and gender equality in Africa
- 2017 – CNN – one of two most innovative social projects in Africa
- 2017 – selected as official STEM programme for the South African National Space Agency
- 2018 – selected as the official STEM programme for the State of Virginia, USA
- 2019 – selected as the STEM programme of choice by USA Cobb County, Georgia
- 2019 – BBC Africa most innovative youth technology initiative from Africa
- 2020 – selected as the partner of choice for space education challenges by the USA Department of Education
- 2020 and 2021 – joint missions to International Space Station with NASA and Quest for Space
Changing the world isn't easy, and we couldn't do it alone.
A core value of MaxIQ is to be able to provide our educational resources to students around the globe, especially those who live in areas where there is a lack of educational infrastructure to support these young minds in achieving their full potential. MaxIQ wouldn't be able to fulfill our mission without support from...