Maine Challenge - SDG 3 Good health and wellbeing
Challenges have been developed to support the topics covered in the Maine Space STEM program.
Challenge - SDG 3 Good health and wellbeing
What is the challenge?
In this challenge we analyse our immediate environment to understanding comfort levels, what conditions we need to survive and thrive. The challenge is for you to develop a Comfort Level chart for yourself and those in your group, and use this to tackle the challenge.
How do we tackle this challenge?
- Preparation - You will be supported through this challenge, and as a tiny taste of the materials available, watch this video to give context to this challenge.
- Part 1 – create your own plot of this graphic with the temperatures and humidity of where you live. Here is an example for a chart for Hawaii:
- Part 2 – use your own chart:
- Using your MaxIQ STEM kit as a weather station, measure the temperature and relative humidity in as many rooms as possible.
- Plot your findings on your own Comfort Level chart
- List which room or location are you most comfortable in? You may have a number of rooms or locations for different team members
- Are you a “winter” or a “summer” person, based on your choice of room?
- Part 3 - what three recommendations can you make to ensure that comfort levels are maintained or improved, in line with achieving UN Sustainable Development Goal 3?
- Part 4 - how would you apply these findings when designing a crewed space station?
When you sign up for this challenge, you will be given access to our learning portal. Once you access this portal you will be able to ask questions of industry specialist mentors, access support materials and videos.
There is a link in the learning portal for you to submit your challenge report. The deadline is June 30th, 2023.
We will be awarding prizes to the top 5 submissions received before the deadline.
To participate in this challenge you will need the MaxIQ SDG STEM kit.
Back to all challenges...
Changing the world isn't easy, and we couldn't do it alone.
A core value of MaxIQ is to be able to provide our educational resources to students around the globe, especially those who live in areas where there is a lack of educational infrastructure to support these young minds in achieving their full potential. MaxIQ wouldn't be able to fulfill our mission without support from...