This xCHIP is equipped to sense a variety of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). This xCHIP is based on the CCS811 which is an ultra-low power digital gas sensor which integrates a metal oxide (MOX) gas sensor to detect a wide range of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), for indoor air quality monitoring, a micro-controller unit (MCU), and an I2C interface.
- Integrated MCU
- On-board processing
- Standard I²C digital interface
- Optimised low-power modes
- Low component count
- Proven technology platform
- Smart Phones
- Home and Building Automation
- Based on the CCS811 From AMS.
- 5 modes of operation.
- Mode 0: Idle, low current mode.
- Mode 1: Constant power mode, IAQ measurement every second.
- Mode 2: Pulse heating mode IAQ measurement every 10 seconds.
- Mode 3: Low power pulse heating mode IAQ measurement every 60 seconds.
- Mode 4: Constant power mode, sensor measurement every 250ms.
- Early-Life Use (Burn-In) for 48 hours in the selected mode.
- eCO2 The equivalent CO2 (eCO2) output range for CCS811 is from 400ppm to 8192ppm.
- TVOC The Total Volatile Organic Compound (TVOC) output range for CCS811 is from 0ppb to 1187ppb.
- Temperature and Humidity Compensation.
- Interrupt and Interrupt on Threshold.
- Automatic Baseline Correction.
- Manual Baseline Correction.